Y Teigr Gwyn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shape-shifters: Battle of Blood

2 posters

Go down

Shape-shifters: Battle of Blood Empty Shape-shifters: Battle of Blood

Post  Raeda Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:42 pm

Plot

Arem, located in the Dragoneye galaxy outside of Earth’s, is a bountiful planet recently discovered by intrepid Earth explorers. A mirror image of Earth excluding the differentiating landmass distribution, they find Earth species and humans inhabiting it. They arrive to find a developed civilization, even if their technology is lacking. Stunned, the surveyors stumble into a hidden settlement, where they are taken in by friendly Aremese and given food and water. As these explorers relax in this new environment they begin to turn back to their original thoughts of conquest, and money. Having gleaned knowledge by glancing at the possessions of the Aremese, they know that Arem is rich in opals, obsidian and a new jewel named pavite, named after the leader of this investigation, Arthur Paven. Struck by greed at the sight of these precious minerals they devise a plan, knowing that without secure communication with the powers of Earth they have no help until a space probe returns to take them back. But Arthur Paven wants to keep this wealth to himself and tells his crew that they shouldn’t wait for Earth missionaries to come back in ten years, but to strike down the Aremese and steal their treasure first.

“And so, Paven and his men thanked the villagers for their kindness and disappeared into the thick woods. There, they came up with a devilish plan that would devastate the entire planet.” - Espa, Aremese scholar, from the Book of Ytas.

By the aid of the doctor and herbalist they had brought along, a covetous man named Samuel Johnson, they learned and unlocked the secrets of a strange plant they had come to call Devil’s Gift. By utilising the strange sticky fluid that seeped out of the stem when it was broken, Johnson invented a serum that when mixed with the DNA and RNA of an animal, could be injected into a human to create a new kind of species. They called them shape-shifters, after watching their earlier experiments struggle to keep their human forms, eventually succumbing and turning into whatever animal they had been changed into. A leopard-human mix gone wild, killed with a swift blow to the head. A monkey-man left to wander the forest with a startling wound after having fought with another of his kind for more food.

“They were created, one by one, each time Paven hoping desperately that it would work out. The first time, too much serum and these men, women and children became too wild, uncontrollable. Too little and they couldn’t change more than one body part at a time. After numerous failures, then they found the right amount. One small injection of serum later and finally a perfect shifter was created. Her name was Faer.” - Espa, Aremese scholar, from the Book of Ytas.

They cared for her, in their own rough manner, bringing her food as she grew from a tiny baby, only a few months old, into a young girl. She was compliant and never complained, even when her first shifting broke two of her ribs. Stolid and silent was Faer’s way, and it pleased the men. Soon her wild changes began becoming more controlled, and it was obvious that a side-effect of the serum was appearing. One day she would be climbing a tree in her snow leopard form and suddenly in a heartbeat they would find her splashing in a puddle beneath the tree. Startled, but intrigued, they allowed her to use these blossoming powers.

“Only one power emerged however, despite the fervent wishing of the crew. Johnson especially was hoping for something new to appear. But nothing did, so they left it at that. When Faer was five they stole a second child, a four year old toddler, and changed him as well. Zai, he was called, and he was a shifter who had mastery over the body of a sparrow hawk. And the fire that he raised only brought a gluttonous greed to their eyes. They were delighted.” - Espa, Aremese scholar, from the book of Ytas.

Soon both grew up. Faer became a fearless ten year old, ready for anything that her ‘fathers’ wished for. Zai at nine was more rebellious, but he did not go against Paven’s will. It was then Johnson decided that they were ready to help them capture the village. As natives Faer and Zai could not be distinguished from the other village children, and Paven outfitted them as travelling merchants. “You are mute,” he told Faer sternly, knowing that she had been taken too young to know the Aremese language. Luckily, Zai had remembered his mother-tongue and he could pass off as a merchant as long as he spoke slowly. Hiding at the edge of the woods the men watched with glee as Zai and Faer were allowed in through the gates. At nightfall, that was their chance, when Zai would light the huts on fire and Faer would teleport them in.

“The carnage of the village was appalling. Burned bodies slumped on the ground lifeless and newborn babes wailed from the charred shells of their huts. And in the center of this all stood Faer and Zai, their eyes dull as they gazed at the massacre they had created. They had kept only one child alive. His name was Terin, and he would be their guide to the mines. There, he would show Faer and Zai how to work the equipment while rounding up more prisoners for Paven and Johnson to change with their magical serum so they could chip away at the stone walls for the Pavite hidden within. He became Terin the night owl, a traitor to his people, though not of his choice.” - Espa, Aremese scholar, from the Book of Ytas.

Plot Overview

It is the year 18 A.P on the planet of Arem and Earth has returned to Arem already with a space probe filled with men and equipment to help Paven’s conquest of the beleaguered planet. In the middle of Ytas forest they have built an institute in which they can hold their newly created shape-shifters. Blinded by years of servitude, Faer helps them silently without any complaint, oblivious to the cries of her own people as they are locked into cells so they can be injected. But Zai has his own plans, and is starting an uprising.
Mining has become a part of the lives of the shape-shifters and from late dawn to early dusk the shape-shifters labour in the mines, unless their abilities make them more useful in other ways.

Characters
Male

Female

Taken Powers
Teleportation/Levitation - Faer [Rae]
Fire/Fire-resistance - Zai [Rae]

Territory
Deep in the heart of Ytas forest lays the institute. Built entirely of dark stone the institute has a deathly cast to it as it sits in the shadows of the trees. Low-lying and thick-walled the institute was built with only one purpose in mind; the keep the shape-shifters in and the Aremese out. Only one gate acts as the exit and the castle-like walls are patrolled with men holding specially made snipers loaded with darts that puts any escaping shape-shifter to sleep. Punishment is given out liberally and rarely a shape-shifter does not have any whip scars on their backs. It is surrounded completely by forest with the chasm to the west, mountains backing them on the east and north and the south guarded by another large wall. Escape is considered impossible.

Aremese
Typically tall and slim-limbed, the Aremese have angular faces with sharp cheek-bones and narrow, slightly tilted eyes. Their skin is typically a dark bronze or tan color and their hair tends to come in darker shades such as black or deep brown. However, a few Aremese are born lighter skinned due to their half-Earth parentage and can have red, blonde or white hair. Eye colors vary but the southern Aremese tend to have brown or dark green eyes while the northern Aremese habitually have pale blue or green eyes.

Season
Spring ~ Summer ~ Autumn ~ Winter

Weather
Sun ~ Rain ~ Snow ~ Hail ~ Fog
Light ~ Heavy ~ Downpour ~ Storm

Rules
All characters must have a surname unless you have a valid reason as to why they don’t have one.
No powerplaying or godmodding.
I can kick you out whenever I wish to.
Only two abilities per character, and they must have some connection to each other.
Follow all Y Teigr Gwyn rules.
I’m an admin, so don’t go think you can quietly break the rules and I won’t catch it. Trust me; I’m pretty perceptive, considering I’m always confused. Breaking rules in my forum is like smoking in a non-smoking area in front of a security guard. Ayep.
There are no set positions for this role-play, so please don’t ask me if your character can be the ‘leader’ or anything.
Don’t whine if I don’t accept your character for whatever reason. Just go back to your character sheet and fix it, or withdraw from the role-play please.
PM me if you’re confused about this whole plot, but I’m hoping I explained it well enough.
No two characters may share a power. If the number of joiners becomes too much I will make an allowance, but for now please check the ‘Taken Powers’ section.

Character Sheet

Name: [Surname as well]
Hair Color: [Nothing too outlandish]
Eye Color: [Normal eye-colors]
Skin Color: [Depends on either north or south]
Parentage: [Half or full Aremese]
Appearance: [Detailed description or image]
Personality: [Detailed, at least one paragraph]
Abilities: [Only two, must be connected]
Animal DNA/RNA: [No mythical creatures, only one animal]
History: [How you got captured]
Other:
Raeda
Raeda
Cool Person
Cool Person

https://yteigrgwyn.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Shape-shifters: Battle of Blood Empty Re: Shape-shifters: Battle of Blood

Post  Raeda Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:43 pm

Reserving this for my characters, and I play Zai. Anyone can play Faer. :3
Raeda
Raeda
Cool Person
Cool Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Loki Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:43 am

OOC:// I'm kinda confused... but I get the jist of it so I should be fine. o3o Expect me to ask questions though. xD

WIP

Character Sheet
Name: Kaito Tariz
Hair Color: black with natural violet highlights
Eye Color: Icy-Blue
Skin Color: Healthy Pale
Parentage: Half
Appearance: [Detailed description or image]
Personality: [Detailed, at least one paragraph]
Abilities: Ice/Cold Resistant
Animal DNA/RNA: Black Tiger
Shape-shifters: Battle of Blood 420028-bigthumbnail
History: [How you got captured]
Other:

Loki
Loki
Cool Person
Cool Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Raeda Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:23 am

[o_o I typed this up at 3 in the morning like, two months ago. xD It was way too confusing for Res so I let it be. c: But ask away, I'll probably forget to answer half of the questions, but eh. >_>]
Raeda
Raeda
Cool Person
Cool Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down